Brother's Keeper Yearly Statistics
Blessed Trinity parishioners donated $122,000 to our ministry. Thank you!
Our retail stores - clothing and furniture - generated $234,529. This paid for our three full time salaries and benefits, the overhead and mortgage for our office, store, and soup kitchen, with some left over. So we can say that every dollar donated to Brothers Keeper went directly to help the poor and homeless.
Yearly statistics do not really tell the whole story as our ministry is about helping people and families and each case is unique. But the “numbers” do give you a good idea of how your donations are used. In our last fiscal year:
- 190 families/seniors received a full thanksgiving food bag and a gift card for turkey.
- 207 families with children received a full Christmas dinner bag and toys for the kids.
- 105 parishioners received assistance, totaling $40,683.
- We assisted 103 families avoid eviction and homelessness.
- 5,043 cases came to our door representing 13,967 adults and children.
- 2,928 bags of emergency food were given out. This comes from the Publix bags and your First Sunday of the month donations.
- 1,192 clothing vouchers and 371 furniture vouchers were given out to the needy, totaling over $ 44,000 in direct assistance.
- 78,654 meals were served at the Soup Kitchen.
- We helped 1,117 families keep their lights on for 30 days when in emergency situations, totaling over $115,730 in assistance.
- Another $30,000 was spent in providing auto repairs, food coupons, gasoline vouchers, prescriptions, motels, emergency transportation, and other forms of assistance.
- We figure a total of $500,000 in goods and services were given back to the poor of our community. And this does not include the “cost” of the 78,000 Soup Kitchen meals which is impossible to calculate since all but 20 cents of each meal is donated food.
- The dollar amount of our countless volunteers: “Priceless”.